Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cheap multi-billion dollar Philippine Corporations:PLDT

It bothers me that one of the multibillion-dollar Philippine corporations and that is a market bellwether doen’t respect its customers enough to maintain friendly and clear websites. Worse, those who maintain the sites murder the queen’s English with instructions to the effect that they wouldn’t process your application if you don’t give them all the required ‘informations.’ But they do assure you that the ‘informations’ you provide would be treated confidentially.

I had concluded that I was getting a very bad deal from Bayantel for landline services and Pacific for the internet, especially after reading MyDSL ads of PLDT (print ads which did not give any number to call). So I visited the PLDT DSL website and behold and lo, it was such a taxing experience. For one, it was only then I found out that you would first have to have an existing PLDT landline to avail of the promo DSL rate, when the impression you get from the ads was that the rate covered both. I was referred to another site to apply for a landline. But this site also wasn’t clear about the overall package cost! And the websites don’t provide phone numbers for those who’ve lost patience after unsuccessfully navigating around them for useful ‘informations.’ PLDT prides itself as a world-class communcations company. This really makes me puke. I wonder if Mr. Pangilinan even knows the ‘informations’ I require. I feel like putting all the ‘informations’ about my ‘frustrations’ and sticking them up his ‘informations’ highway. The truth is, the whole experience just gave me ‘indigestions.’

No comments: